1 large over-ripe banana
1/2 cup peanut butter
2 tablespoons Makers Mark or other good quality bourbon
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
1/4 cup chopped dry roasted peanuts
1 3/4 all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine banana and peanut butter in a large mixing bowl with a wooden spoon.
- Combine the eggs and the bourbon in a small bowl and beat well. Add to the peanut butter mixture and mix well. Add the sugars and the salt. Mix well.
- Sprinkle baking soda over wet ingredients and stir to incorporate well.
- Add cinnamon and allspice, mix well.
- Mix in peanuts.
- Add 1 cup of the flour. Combine well. Add the rest of the flour 1/4 cup at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Coat cupcake or muffin tins with non-stick spray. Fill each cup 3/4 of the way. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool in the pan for a few minutes before removing to a rack to finish cooling.